Designed to help people maximize their independence.
ARCA’s SMART Living program teaches the skills necessary to maximize independence using assistive technology. Our program utilizes a person-centered approach customized to each person’s needs, enhancing quality of life through task analysis, scheduling assistance, visual and/or auditory aids, in-home training sessions, field training, GPS programs and more.
ARCA’s SMART Living program instills safety and self-confidence in every day activities through:
• Technology Training
• Scheduling Assistance
• Reminders / Alerts
• Money Management
• Goal Setting / Task Lists
• Visual Guides / Instructions
• Auditory Guides / Instructions
• Social Etiquette
• Emergency Procedures
Customized programing of smart devices for each individual’s needs, from medication alerts to visual reminders on how to complete a task, creates opportunities to maximize independence.
ARCA’s SMART Living program provides essential skill-building, training and support for individuals in:
• Navigating the public transit system
• Planning Routes and Schedules
• Communication & Social Behavior
• Identifying Traffic Signs
• Emergency Procedures
Instruction includes developing preprogrammed routes, schedules and cognitive cues enabling individuals to successfully and safely navigate the public transit system.
ARCA’s SMART Living program uses a person-centered approach to build a foundation for success. From one-on-one assessments to comprehensive training, our goal is to maximize independence through assistive technology.
- Assessments identify an individual’s knowledge, abilities and goals. Results are used to customize the program for the individual to ensure its success.
- Task Analysis and Scheduling Assistance identifies the actions and cognitive processes required of a user to complete a task or achieve a particular goal and enhance the flow of an individual’s day.
- In-Home Training increases understanding of our customized assistive technology in an environment that feels safe to the individual.
- Field Training occurs once an individual shows a comprehensive understanding of their device and includes expanded lessons in safety, self-advocacy rights, financial skills and bus and train etiquette. Emergency situations, such as a lost or broken device, are addressed to provide individuals with the tools needed to work through challenging situations.
- Follow Up after training is complete ensures an individual’s continued success and safety. Updates are made to devices and schedules and added supports are provided as needed.