Some volunteer opportunities are not all-inclusive. Applicants will be interviewed after application has been completed.
ARCA has several special events throughout the year! Our events include:
- ARCA’s Annual Geranium Celebration (usually occurs the last Saturday in April)
- ARCA’s Annual Bowl-a-Thon (first Saturday in June)
- ARCA’s Poinsettia Celebration (the Saturday before Thanksgiving)
- Various seasonal holiday celebrations and events for individuals served.
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, contact us to determine availability. We also have sponsorship opportunities available for our events.
Housing Support (Maintenance and Grounds):
ARCA owns property throughout Albuquerque and our Property and Maintenance Department is responsible for the upkeep. Volunteers might assist with projects which require extra hands to get the job done such as yard maintenance, landscaping, redecorating, painting, and gardening needs.
New Mexico Brain Injury Resource Center (NMBIRC):
Located at our 4th Street site, NMBIRC is an information resource center. Persons with brain injury, their family, friends and professionals have use of this facility to ask questions, find brain injury support resources, navigate complicated systems and assist with educating family, employers and professionals about living with a brain injury. Volunteers are needed on weekdays only, 8:30am-4:30pm.
Skills such as filing, alphabetizing documents, data entry, working on projects which require knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher and Adobe are needed for clerical support.
ARCA Organics/La Paloma Greenhouse:
This volunteer site is located in Corrales. Tasks include planting organic fruits and vegetables and caring for seasonal plants (example: geraniums, poinsettias, etc.) in a greenhouse and outdoor setting. The plants are then harvested and sold to the community. Volunteers are needed weekdays only, 8am-2:00pm. This site is great for large groups to volunteer!
- Individuals interested in volunteering with ARCA must complete an application form and agree to a background check prior to beginning any volunteer assignment.
- Background checks are completed on all potential volunteers and done by an independent agency through ARCA. The volunteer profile provides information to us so that a compatible match is made between the volunteer and programming needs.
- Volunteers need to be 16 years of age or older.
- If at anytime there are any concerns regarding volunteering, please contact Faylene Wytewa-Alire.
A site orientation will be provided by the site manager and will then be responsible for the supervision of the volunteer with the Volunteer Coordinator being available for any questions or concerns.
ARCA volunteers choose from a variety of opportunities including holiday celebrations, horticulture, home maintenance, office work, landscaping, ARCA events and so much more. If this sounds interesting to you, we hope you will call Faylene Wytewa-Alire at (505) 332-6816 or fill out and submit the ARCA Volunteer Application below. Thank You!
To apply, please fill out the application form below. Fields with a red asterisk are required.